A Disney fan blog about the good things in life.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rub a Dub Dub, I Love the Puj Tub

For the first few months of my premature son's life my husband and I avoided the baby bath tub. Sponge baths seemed so much saner at least until he put on some pounds and some neck muscles showed up.

So it was with delight that I discovered the Puj Tub. This miracle piece of foam fits in any standard size sink and allows for a two handed, stress free, rinse down. Of course the basic safety rules of bath time still apply but it's a whole lot easier on everyone-- I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, me or the baby.

What it is:

Basically for $39.99 plus shipping (babiesrus.com) you get a flat piece of foam. There are magnets that make the flat foam transform into a scoop shape that slide under the faucet and into a sink. When you are done simply pull the magnets apart and hang on the back of the bathroom door. Great for small spaces or taking on a trip.

What it is not:

Long term. I'm pretty sure this is going to be good for only a few more months. There are not set weight guidelines, but once your baby can't fit into the sink-- you and the puj are done.

It is also not available in stores. I ordered it from babiesrus.com-- it came in a few days.

One comment/criticism. They call out that you are not to run the water on the baby. Makes sense but generally for bath time water is a necessity. So there is a bit of planning to make sure you have an extra basin of water ready. I am lucky to have two sinks in my bathroom, for those who do not, I  can see the first few times using this to be a lesson in planning.

The video below shows how this works. Money well spent in my book.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Disney Best Friends | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig