A Disney fan blog about the good things in life.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Don't judge me....One womans love affair with Phineas and Ferb




A few weeks ago my husband was watching something lame that may or may not have had a chain saw in it on the television . It's a regular occurence in my household. My usual response is to quietly slink away to our bedroom where I can sprawl out in bed and watch whatever I want. This night was no different, however I found our son already doing what I just described. He had finished reading and snuck into our room for some tube time. He's only 9..no t.v's allowed in the kids room yet.


Words were not exchanged, I instead just got in next to him and settled in for some Phineas and Ferb. A half hour later, he kissed me good night and went back to his bed. I grabbed the remote to put on something else, but paused when a new Phineas and Ferb started. It was one I had never seen before, so I put the remote down and watched...intently. As luck would have it it was a P & F marathon so an hour later when my husband trudged upstairs it was still on. I heard him pause when he opened our bedroom door and walked in



"What are you watching ? "

" Phineas and Ferb" I answered with a sigh

silence... then

" Is Jack in here hiding or something ? "

" Ummm...no "

more silence...then

" Well why are you watching this ? "

" I like it. Leave me be"

I find this happening to me quite often with my boyfriends Phineas and Ferb. It truly is a super cute and family friendly cartoon on the Disney Channel, with humor that I can laugh at. Really , it's a cartoon about two brothers and their adventures on an endless Summer vacation. Every kid and grown ups fantasy. Throw in their pet platypus Perry, who doubles a s a secret agent and their sister who is always trying to bust them in the middle of their antics. Perry is my personal fave. I enjoy that he makes an unknown gutteral sound and has a lazy eye when in "pet" form, but stands tall, wears a fedora and oh hey...no lazy eye, when a secret agent. My son Jack as expressed several times while at Disney World that he would love to see them somewhere out and about . Those cracked out Little Einsteins and Power Rangers are there...why not give P & F a chance? Jack won't be the only one looking for them and yes...I do know all the words to Gitchi Gitchi Goo .



Jack's favorite..Backyard Beach




Emma's favorite..Squirrel in my pants. Typical Emma






~ Karen
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Disney Best Friends | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig