A Disney fan blog about the good things in life.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Medela Symphony - Accept No Substitutes

Dear Medela Symphony 02 Breastpump,

You just left yesterday and I feel like I didn't get enough time to say goodbye. Sure, we had some differences. Like night after night where you made me get up every two hours at 20 minutes a shot. The prune fingers from the constant cleaning and washing of the pump pieces. The fact that my insurance would only cover you for one month.

But honestly, I couldn't have done it without you. With my premature son in the NICU, you gave me some control in an out of control situation. At one point the nurses even told me that there was no more room in the NICU fridge and I would need to freeze the surplus of milk. They would ask, "what pump are you using?" And when I said you, they would all nod like it made perfect sense.

So thank you. Thank you not only for giving me a feeling of purpose during those long NICU weeks. But also on behalf of my 3 month old son who is thriving - see chubby photo.

I really couldn't have done it without you.

~Q's Mama
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Disney Best Friends | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig