A Disney fan blog about the good things in life.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fireworks, castles and gowns..oh my!


Have you ever dreamed of getting married at the most magical place on Earth? Having an illuminated castle as your backdrop , fireworks sparkling overhead or a large mouse dressed in a top hat as a wedding guest? Well I have and I've been married for the last 10 years. Too late for me but not for you, you lucky princess.


Walt Disney World weddings are extremely popular even though some might never have considered it. When my best friend decided to get married there I sprang into planning mode, after my heart stopped palpitating from excitement, and began to do my wedding research. There's a package for all budgets, all wedding sizes...if you've envisioned it chances are Disney can do it. There is so much to discuss about WDW weddings that I'll have to break it down weekly as my fingers just can't handle all the typing. Things are always happening so count on me to keep you in the know. Today I'm going to start with two of my favorite things..fireworks and gowns. Oooooohhh.....


Recently WDW just released new info on adding a little sparkle to your wedding reception with your own personal fireworks display. Seriously how fabulous is that? At the end of a magical day you can surprise all your guests with a fireworks display made just for you. A champagne toast with Cinderellas Castle glowing in the background and fireworks overhead. Sign me up. The cost, I don't know , but if your going to go the distance to get married at WDW then save those pennies and make it a night to remember for all.


Now how about the gown? Designer Kirstie Kelly has partnered with Disney and has a collection of gowns aimed at making any princess happy. Feeling like Cinderella? She's got the look. More of a Snow White gal? She's got that too. After looking at the collection I found myself partial to the Giselle gown . I may be biased by her red hair or the fact that Prince Edward is a favorite. You can even pick out the matching his and her rings at the site as well. Talk about easy one stop shopping .
Disney is quite frankly an ideal place for a "destination" wedding. It offers something for everyone and obviously very family friendly. With so many different reception sights to choose from , from the exotic to traditional, it's a winner in my autograph book.
Next time we'll talk about all the different locales to choose from. I'm dreaming of Epcot as I type this and envisioning an exotic Moroccan wedding, where guests enter through an authentic Koutoubia minaret, smell roast lamb and olive trees and..... hey look there's Donald Duck!
Karen
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Disney Best Friends | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig