A Disney fan blog about the good things in life.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

You're gonna need a bigger boat...




If you know me then you know that "Jaws" is one of my all time favorite movies. Whenever it's on the television, I watch it. I bring the DVD to the beach with me every year to watch while there and as luck would have it, the same week I am at coast is also Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Bonus!

I am fascinated, horrified and in awe of sharks all at the same time. My nerdy son has picked up on this love of the big fish and reads about them himself. Perhaps it's just in our New England blood. Needless to say though I do NOT want any sharks of any variety sharing my ocean space with me whilst swimming, so it is with mixed feelings that I report to you that within the last 2 weeks 9 big daddy sharks have been spotted off the coast of Chatham in Cape Cod. Three of them were just this past Wednesday! Good grief.

They were estimated to be between 10 and 16 feet long, about 100 yards off shore and one was 20 yards away from a clueless swimmer. All of this was reported from a professional shark swimmer, an occupation I never knew existed. Also reported were 3 grey seal deaths that met their maker at the teeth of a shark. Poor babies, so cute to watch swim around the harbor. Swim far far away while you can!

Soooooo...will I be in Chatham soon to really be worried about this? Yes...yes I will. And will I be swimming while there to cool myself off after a hot day at the beach? No...no I will not.


Here's to swimmin with bow legged women.





~ Karen


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Disney Best Friends | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig