A Disney fan blog about the good things in life.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Just What I Always Wanted....A Frozen Mini Me. Thanks Jabba!!

With Star Wars weekend right around the corner at Disney they seemed to have realllly stepped it up this year with a new experience called...The Cabin Freeze Me experience. Before you say "what the what", let me explain.
 
Star Wars fans know that Han Solo ended up a wall decoration at Jabbas place after being frozen in carbonite. Jabba was clearly a sicko and liked to gaze upon frozen Han every day, while yanking slave girls around in chains. Anyway...for the fee of $99.95 ( yikes ) you will go to the Carbon-Freezing Chamber (near The American Idol Experience theater) and have your face scanned by several cameras. The images will then be used to create a three-dimensional digital version of your face. In about four weeks, a completed smaller-than-life-size figurine of yourself frozen in carbonite (measuring approximately 7 3/4" x 3" x 1") will be shipped directly to your home.

The experience will be open only on Star Wars Weekends event days, and reservations are required. You can make a reservation  at 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324). You must provide a valid accepted credit card number at the time of booking, and a $25 cancellation fee will be charged to no-shows and those who cancel within 48 hours of their reservation.

This is NOT on my list of things to do anytime soon. Do I really need a small frozen me to put on my wall and look at? I think not, but I'm positive there are lots of fan boys out there who will go-dressed as Han Solo- and maybe even ask their girls to say "I love you"  (ala Leia) so they can oh so cooly respond "I know". Then vanish to get their faces scanned.

Why you gotta be like that Jabba?
     
~ Karen                              
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Disney Best Friends | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig