A Disney fan blog about the good things in life.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Computer is now a Fashion Accessory?

It's hard to ignore the fashion trends being touted with the new Sex and the City movie coming out.

Shoes... check
Dress.... check
Digital Clutch... check

Wait, what? Did I just say digital clutch?

HP has partnered with fashion designer Vivienne Tam (http://www.viviennetam.com/) to develop a new fashion forward netbook.

Some features include a built-in webcam that allows users to create and upload videos, take snapshots and chat with friends over the web.

HP QuickWeb, the company’s instant-on software, lets users post to Facebook, send a tweet, listen to music, browse the web, check an appointment, send an email or chat in seconds – saving time usually spent waiting for the computer to fully boot.

And my absolute favorite marketing maneuver of all time. With a click of a button, the webcam turns into an instant “mirror.” Because nothing says "I swear I am not a nerd" like a woman looking at her computer while looking at herself while putting on her eyeliner.

I'm pretty sure Carrie Bradshaw used a Mac, so I am confused by the HP partnership. I am seeing the movie this weekend and I am curious to see if she switched technology teams. Oh, and I am also interested in the shoes... I swear.

~Davina
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Disney Best Friends | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig